UK Tier 2 ICT
Tier 2 Intra Company Transfer (ICT) enables the UK organisation to employ and transfer skilled workers from an overseas branch to the UK. Dependant on the needs of the UK organisation, their are 4 types of Intra Company Transfer
This visa is for transfers of more than 12 months into a role that cannot be filled by a new UK recruit. You need to have worked for your employer overseas for at least 12 months.
This visa is for transfers up to and including 12 months into a role that cannot be filled by a new UK recruit. You need to have worked for your employer overseas for at least 12 months.
This visa is for transfers into graduate trainee programmes for specialist roles. You need to be a recent graduate with at least 3 months experience with your employer overseas.
This visa is for transfers that allow people to gain skills and knowledge needed to perform their role overseas, or to pass on their skills to UK colleagues. You do not need to have been with your employer overseas for a set period of time.
How long you can stay
You can come to the UK with a Tier 2 (Intra-company Transfer) visa for up to the maximum stay allowed for your visa type, or the time given on your certificate of sponsorship plus one month, whichever is shorter.
The maximum stay for each type of Tier 2 (Intra-company Transfer) visa is:
- Long-term Staff (if you earn more than £155,300 per year): 9 years
- Long-term Staff (if you earn less than £155,300 per year): 5 years, 1 month
- Graduate Trainee: 12 months
- Short-term Staff: 12 months
- Skills Transfer: 6 months
You shall need to earn one of the following:
- Long-term Staff applicants – at least £41,500 or the appropriate rate for the role (whichever is higher)
- Short-term Staff, Graduate Trainee or Skills Transfer applicants – at least £24,800 or the appropriate rate (whichever is higher)
- Staff already in the UK on a Tier 2 (Intra-company Transfer) visa or work permit issued before 6 April 2011 – at least the appropriate rate