SubClass 186 –Employer Nomination Scheme
This is a Permanent Resident Visa Scheme. However, to be qualified under this scheme, it is required that the Skilled Professional is nominated by the employer they are working for.
This is applicable to skilled professionals who are working with a temporary visa in Australia. Such employer for who the professional is worker for provides a nomination with help of which the skilled professional can apply for his/her Permanent Residency status there in Australia.
You need to provide documents which prove your
- Employment Status
- Your health
- Your clean conduct
- English proficiency skills
There are three streams through which one can apply for this scheme
- i. Direct Entry Stream
- ii. Labour Agreement Stream
- iii.Temporary Residency Stream
Direct Entry Stream
The employer for who the skilled professionals work for, either in Australia or in his/her country of origin, can be apply under the “Direct Entry Stream”. To be qualified under this stream
Obtain a nomination from the employer whose business is based in Australia
Ensure your profession is listed under the eligible skilled occupations list of Australia
You need prove your English language proficiency.
You should have a minimum of 3 years of work experience in the same profession. It would be preferable if the experience relevant is during the past few years immediately preceding the date of application.
This is a permanent Residency Program. The process time is anywhere between 12 months to 18 months. However, you would be granted a Permanent Residency Permit within 6 months of receiving the Employer Nomination. With this VISA, the applicant can live, study and work in Australia permanently. You can apply for Australian citizenship within few years of obtaining the Australian PR.
Labor Agreement Stream
IF the Australian employer who provides the nomination is party to the LAbour Agreement, then the employees of such employers, become eligible for the Labor Agreement Stream. To be eligible to apply under this stream
- You should be working for an employer who is under the Labour Agreement.
- You should be below 45 years of age as per the Labor agreement
- You need to prove your English Language Skills as per the Labor Agreement
This permanent residency program allows the immigrants to live and work in Australia. Such immigrants can apply for Australian citizenship within few years of relocating to Australia.
Temporary Residency Transition Stream
This is again a Permanent Residency Visa Program. You can live, study and work in Australia with this program. You are eligible to apply for Australian Citizenship within few years of moving to Australia.
However, to be qualified under this stream, you need to hold sub Class 457, Temporary Visa or any other bridging VISA.
All though not mandatory, it would be nice, if you have been working with the same employer for 3 years prior to submitting the application. And such employer has provided you with the nomination.
How XIPHIAS can help you
- 1. We are officially registered immigration Agents for Australia. XIPHIAS is a MARA (Migration Agents Registration Authority) registered firm.
- 2. We evaluate your profile to identify which areas we need to work on to ensure your safe migration to Australia
- 3. We prepare your application as would be needed and submit the same in the Portal.
- 4. We counsel our customers to understand what they need
- 5. We update the status as is necessary at every stage. We provide constant communication through our in house CRM to which our clients have access to.
- 6. We provide pre travel counseling, with help of our Australian partners to ease your travel