Employers & Sponsors
In order to recruit and sponsor migrant workers in the UK, the employing organisation shall require a sponsors licence to do so. Only organisations that meet the Home Offices standards toward eligibility and suitable systems to manage their migrant workers will be granted a Sponsors Licence.
What you need to know
To apply for a Sponsor Licence companies must prove that:
- They are a genuine organisation operating lawfully in the UK.
- Their Key Personnel named on the application are honest, dependable and reliable
- They are aware of and capable of carrying out their sponsor duties ie they have appropriate human resources and recruitment systems and practices in place
- They are offering genuine employment that meets the Tier 2 (General) skill level and appropriate rates of pay.
Companies must complete an online application and provide supporting documentation to meet the necessary evidential requirements. This must be supplied within five days of the initial application.
Failure to submit all required documents will result in an application being delayed or rejected and further costs being incurred.
Following the receipt of these documents, the company may then be subject to a compliance visit from the Home Office, who shall assess whether or not to grant the licence.
Tier 2 General
Tier 2 is the route which enables UK employers to employ nationals from outside the resident workforce to fill particular jobs which cannot be filled by settled workers. A skilled worker in any Tier 2 category must not displace a suitable settled worker
What you need to know
You need to be have been provided with Certificate of Sponsorship from a licensed sponsor before being able to work in the UK as a Tier 2 General migrant.
Under Tier 2 General, you can remain in the UK for a maximum of 5 years and 14 days or the time given on your certificate of sponsorship plus 1 month, whichever is shorter. Your stay must start no more than 14 days before the start date on your certificate of sponsorship. You can apply to extend this visa for up to another 5 years, as long as your total stay is not more than 6 years.
You must have all of the following to be eligible for a Tier 2 General visa:
- a certificate of sponsorship reference number
- an 'appropriate' salary
- the required level of English
You can bring as your dependants, children under the age of 18 and your spouse/unmarried/civil partner. For further information, please see our section for Family Members.
Tier 2 Intra Company Transfer
Tier 2 Intra Company Transfer (ICT) enables the UK organisation to employ and transfer skilled workers from an overseas branch to the UK. Dependant on the needs of the UK organisation, their are 4 types of Intra Company Transfer
This visa is for transfers of more than 12 months into a role that can't be filled by a new UK recruit. You need to have worked for your employer overseas for at least 12 months.
This visa is for transfers up to and including 12 months into a role that can't be filled by a new UK recruit. You need to have worked for your employer overseas for at least 12 months.
This visa is for transfers into graduate trainee programmes for specialist roles. You need to be a recent graduate with at least 3 months' experience with your employer overseas.
This visa is for transfers that allow people to gain skills and knowledge needed to perform their role overseas, or to pass on their skills to UK colleagues. You don't need to have been with your employer overseas for a set period of time.
How long you can stay
You can come to the UK with a Tier 2 (Intra-company Transfer) visa for up to the maximum stay allowed for your visa type, or the time given on your certificate of sponsorship plus one month, whichever is shorter.
The maximum stay for each type of Tier 2 (Intra-company Transfer) visa is:
- Long-term Staff (if you earn more than £155,300 per year): 9 years
- Long-term Staff (if you earn less than £155,300 per year): 5 years, 1 month
- Graduate Trainee: 12 months
- Short-term Staff: 12 months
- Skills Transfer: 6 months
You'll need to earn one of the following:
- Long-term Staff applicants – at least £41,500 or the 'appropriate rate' for the role (whichever is higher)
- Short-term Staff, Graduate Trainee or Skills Transfer applicants – at least £24,800 or the 'appropriate rate' (whichever is higher)
- staff already in the UK on a Tier 2 (Intra-company Transfer) visa or work permit issued before 6 April 2011 – at least the 'appropriate rate'
UK Ancestry visa
You can apply for a UK Ancestry visa if you:
- are a Commonwealth citizen
- are applying from outside the UK
- are able to prove that one of your grandparents was born in the UK
- are able and planning to work in the UK
You must prove that you:
- are 17 or over
- have enough money without help from public funds to support and house yourself and any dependants
- can and plan to work in the UK
You must also show that you have a grandparent born in 1 of the following circumstances:
- in the UK, including the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man
- before 31 March 1922 in what is now the Republic of Ireland
- on a British-registered ship or aircraft
You can claim ancestry if either you or the relevant parent:
- were adopted
- were born within or outside marriage in the UK
You can't claim UK ancestry through step-parents.
- your full birth certificate
- your marriage certificate or civil partnership registration document if your husband, wife or civil partner wants to join you
- the full birth certificates of the parent and grandparent your ancestry claim is based on
- marriage certificates for your parents and grandparents and legal adoption papers if you or your parents are adopted
How we can help
As specialists in UK immigration law, at XIPHIAS Immigration we can offer a full service to clients that require advice and assistance for their Tier 2 General needs. Our immigration team have strong experience in dealing with sponsored workers and employers in advising on complying with ever changing Immigration Rules. If you would like to know more about applying for a Tier 2 or working in the UK contact us today.
XIPHIAS Immigration helps you and guide you in every way to fulfill your dreams to settle in UK. We have all the expertise to prepare your application and advice you before and after you come to UK on how to accomplish the conditions put forth by the UK Authorities.
Now is the time to take advantage of booming business sector in UK. The opportunities are unlimited.
Our Immigration consultants will reply your inquiry within 48 hours and provide you with FREE phone Consultation Service.
Email: email@example.com Toll Free No: +91 9019400500 Phone: +91-80-67601000 / 41726017
Missed Call Us: +91 9699990026