Western European Time Zone UTC +00:00
26 Schengen Countries
Government of Portugal passed the Act in 2012, as Article 90A (Residence Permit for
Investment Purposes - Golden Visa) which came into force on 8th October 2012 to enable
third country nationals obtain residency permit in Portugal to conduct business
- Affordable investment opportunity to get access into European markets
- Successful investors become European residents and not just restricted to Portugal
- Visa free travel to Schengen area
- Access to world class health care and education
- Clearance of first step towards gaining Portugal citizenship
- For the program, the spouse of the main applicant, their children under 26 years of
age and dependent parents could apply.
- Nationals of other European countries which are not part of the European Union
- Third Country Nationals
- Spouse of the investor as co-applicant
- Children under the age of 18 years can be co-applicants
- Dependant parents of either of the spouse who are 55 and above can apply.
- Applicant should be able to prove their source of income.
Process & Timeline