Temporary Residence Permit
What Is a Temporary Residence Permit in Lithuania?
The residents of a non-European Union who want to move to Lithuania must get a Resident Permit in Lithuania. The following procedures are initiated for you to get a Temporary Residence Permit (TRP) for one year that can later be extended to one more year or up to five years.
Documents Required to Acquire a Temporary Residence Permit in Lithuania
- A valid Passport with a copy of it.
- A valid Visa. If you do not have a valid Visa, provide a Lithuanian Residence Permit for submission to the Lithuanian Migration Law Services.
- Documentation to validate proof of your company or institution authorized in the Republic of Lithuania.
- One recent photograph—size 40x60mm (1.57×2.36 inches).
Eight Easy Steps to Obtain a Temporary Residence Permit
- Provide us with a copy of your Passport, address of where you live (not a post office box), your telephone number, and your email address.
- After we receive your payment, we will prepare the necessary documents and email the completed documents to you.
- Print two copies of all the emailed documents. Send all copies and original documents to us by post courier.
- We will take the original documents and copies to all required State agencies.
- Upon completion, we will send you the approved document copies by email and all originals will be returned to you by courier.
- With the approved documents, you are now able to apply to specific country embassies for a TRP. We recommend you go to Lithuania to accomplish all vital procedures for documentation approval success.
- The Migration Department will review your documents within two to four months.
- After you receive approval from the Migration Department, you will need to return to Lithuania to obtain your TRP.
Who Can Get a Temporary Residence Permit In Lithuania?
A foreign person who is not a citizen of the 28 member states of the European Union (EU) migrating for the following reasons:
- Studying in any institution in the Republic of Lithuania;
- Working in the Republic of Lithuania;
- Living with your family in the Republic of Lithuania;
- Pursuing any legal activities in the Republic of Lithuania; and/or
- Establishing a business in the Republic of Lithuania.
Terms and Conditions for Obtaining a Temporary Residence Permit
Qualifications for a Company:
- The company must be established and in operation for the past six months before the date of application for a TRP in Lithuania.
- The company shall establish three working places allowing Lithuanian citizens or foreigners holding a Permanent Residence Permit in the Republic of Lithuania to work at the company.
- The company should have a minimum equity value of 28,000 Euros with a minimum of 14,000 Euros invested by the applicant.
Qualifications for Immigrants:
- The immigrant could be a manager and a participant or only a participant having the right to decide company transactions or be a member of the company or institution’s management team.
- The immigrant could be a shareholder of a private or limited liability company (LLC).
What are the Services Provided by XIPHIAS Immigration Group?
XIPHIAS Immigration Group offers the following services for you to get a TRP in Lithuania:
- Prepare the mandatory documents for issuing the TRP in Lithuania;
- Provide professional assistance and support for you to buy or sell real estate in the Republic of Lithuania; and
- Make available legal guidance and counseling services for purchasing or selling real estate.
Additional Services Provided
- We prepare and submit documents to the State Enterprise Center of Registers regarding any changes in the information related to the company’s shareholders and managers.
- We make the necessary arrangements to acquire an officially registered address in the Republic of Lithuania.
- We complete the procedures related to employment of a company manager in the Republic of Lithuania.
- We assist you to purchase or sell apartments in the Republic of Lithuania.
- We provide consultation related to tax policies and financial obligations to encompass managing a company and its employment in the Republic of Lithuania.
Health Insurance Coverage
If you have a health insurance policy, submit a copy of the policy that should show coverage to a minimum of 579,240 Euros. It will show the term, coverage, premiums, and deductibles. The policy must be valid and in force for the entire period of your stay in the Republic of Lithuania. If you are appointed as the manager of a company that is registered in the Republic of Lithuania your compulsory health insurance will be provided because 9% is automatically deducted for insurance from every employee’s salary who works in Lithuania.
The company will pay a foreign person in the Republic of Lithuania the minimum subsistence amount of 300 Euros each month so that the annual income will be a minimum of 3,600 Euros.
A residence is suitable to live in if it has a minimum of 7 square meters (~75 square feet) for each adult. A foreign person holding a European Visa can own residential properties in the Republic of Lithuania or opt to lease any residential apartments by registering with the State Enterprise Center of Registers. This would be for a period of not less than the expiration date of your Temporary Resident Permit in the Republic of Lithuania, including a registration fee of 25% of the agreed payment for our services in obtaining a TRP for foreign persons.
A foreigner employed at a Lithuanian company is legally authorized to work by submitting the job vacancy document to the Lithuanian Labor Exchange one month before applying for a Work Permit. After applying for a Work Permit, you will receive your Work Permit in two months and it is valid for one year.
You might not be required to have a Work Permit in Lithuania if:
- You are transferred from your company or institution to its operating branch located in Lithuania.
- You have a Permanent Resident Permit (PRP) in the Republic of Lithuania.
- You have been residing long-term in any other European Union Member State holding a German Visa, Swiss Visa, French Visa, or Schengen Visa.
- You have already worked in Lithuania for over a year.
Travel Inside the Schengen Area
A foreigner holding a Lithuanian Residence Permit, but not a citizen of any Schengen state, is permitted to travel around the Schengen states without a Visa and likewise, a foreigner holding a Residence Permit from another Schengen state, can stay up to three months in Lithuania without a Visa.
The government of the Republic of Lithuania for a foreigner grants a TRP from a non-European Union country. It is usually issued for a period of one year, although it may be issued for a shorter period. Concerning persons of Lithuanian descent and foreigners who have retained the right to citizenship of the Republic of Lithuania, the Temporary Residence Permit is issued for a period of five years.