UK Tier Visas for IndianPosted By XIPHIAS On 18-Dec-2018
What is UK Tier 1 Visa?
In Tier 1 visa there are 2 types.
Tier 1 entrepreneur visa is for people with min £50,000 to invest in the UK for starting a new business or take over an existing UK business.
Tier 1 Investor visa is for people with min £2,000,000 to invest in share marking, in governments bonds or invest on trading companies which are the UK registered.
What is UK Tier 2 Visa?
UK Tier 2 Visa is mainly for a skilled worker with the job offer, as it an easy route for immigration to work in the UK. UK Employer should sponsor the Visa and visa must be linked to a specified job.
Following points, you need to know about UK Tier 1 entrepreneur visa
With UK tier 1 entrepreneur visa, one can stay in UK for 3 years and 4 months. Once this visa is about to expire, you can apply to extend this visa for 2 years.
- Unless you meet the criteria to qualify to meet the £50,000 investment, you must demonstrate that you have access to £200,000 that is held in a regulated financial institution. The funds can be held in either yours or your partners' name or of a third party that is providing you with the funds.
- You should provide the proof that you are capable of taking care of yourself and any dependants in all aspects during your stay in the UK.
- You are required to give proof that you are capable of the English language.
- You should clear the genuine entrepreneur Test, which includes your business plan and experience to check are you capable of establishing the business in the UK.
- As a Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa holder, you are not permitted to do any work outside of your business or be utilized by another business. Also, you cannot claim the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland public funds.
- You can bring kids under the age of 18 years and your spouse/unmarried/civil partner as your dependents.
Following points, you need to know about UK Tier 1 investor visa
The Tier one (Investor) visa class applies to the main applicant and every one immediate member of the family, as well as related and kids under the age of eighteen. Initially, investor visa is provided for 3 years and 4 months and May then be extended for an additional 2 years, by providing proof that associate investment of a minimum of £2 million was created within Britain. There's no demand to demonstrate English language ability. Work, study and business activity is allowable. The length of your time needed to qualify for permanent residence depends on the quantity of investment, as follows:
- Apply to settle after 5 years if you invest £2 million.
- Apply to settle after 3 years if you invest £5 million.
- Apply to settle after 2 years if you invest £10 million.
The number of days that the candidate is allowed to spend outside of the UK has been extended to 180 days of the year. Candidates in the first classification are qualified to apply for British citizenship after spending 6 years in the country, while those in the second and third classifications are qualified to apply after staying 5 years in the UK.
Following points, you need to know about UK Tier 2 general visa
You need to be are supplied with a Certificate of support from an authorized sponsor before having the ability to work in the UK with Tier 2 general migrant.
Under Tier 2 General, you can stay in the UK for a max of 5 years and 14 days or the time given on your certificate of sponsorship in addition of 1 month, whichever is shorter. Your stay must begin close to 14 days before the begin date on your certificate of sponsorship. You can apply to stretch out this visa for up to an additional 5 years, as long as your aggregate stay isn't over 6 years.
To be eligible for Tier 2 visa one should have the following:
- A certificate of the sponsorship reference number
- An appropriate salary
- The required level of English
You can bring as your dependents, kids younger than 18 and your spouse/unmarried/civil partner.