Top 6 benefits of Canada Start-up Visa Program for Indian Entrepreneurs
March 28, 2023 04:28:01 PM
Are you a budding entrepreneur with a business idea or someone looking to expand your business on a global scale? If so, the Canada start-up visa program might be the way to fulfill your goal with the added benefit of getting a Canada PR.
The Canada start-up visa is a unique program designed to attract talented entrepreneurs from around the world including India to start innovative and competitive businesses in Canada. Unlike traditional immigration programs, this Canadian immigration program is based on a partnership model that connects entrepreneurs with Canadian investors, accelerators, and incubators. This collaborative approach not only helps entrepreneurs access the capital, resources, and the right ecosystem they need to launch their businesses, but also creates opportunities for Canadian businesses and entrepreneurs to tap into new markets and scale their businesses. This approach is aimed at benefiting the entrepreneur as well as the Canadian economy and provides a great opportunity for those looking to tap the potential and take advantage of the host of benefits it provides.
Top 6 benefits of the Canada Start-up Visa Program:
- Strong startup ecosystem: Canada is home to a vibrant community of startups and incubators, as well as world-class universities and research institutions. The startup visa program provides entrepreneurs who are looking to utilize the benefits with a direct path, giving them access to networking and funding opportunities which will help them scale their businesses and grow them to a larger scale.
- Fast-track Permanent residency: The Canada start-up visa program offers a path to Canada PR for entrepreneurs and their families which is fast track and streamlined and relatively easier. Successful applicants are granted a work permit and can begin building their businesses in Canada, with the option to apply for permanent residency once they fulfill certain criteria.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: Canada is known for its welcoming and inclusive culture along with a diverse population. The Canada Start-up Visa program is open to entrepreneurs from all over the world, regardless of their country of origin or background. This serves as a great opportunity for Indian entrepreneurs who have the necessary talent but need the right start-up ecosystem with a stable economy.
- Global market access: Canada’s strategic location and strong trade relationships, offers entrepreneurs easy access to markets in North America, Europe, and Asia. This makes it an ideal location for startups, while also a path to expand their global reach and scale the business.
- Multiple applicants for one business: a maximum of 5 people can apply through the Canada Start-up Visa Program as owners of a single business if they fulfill certain criteria.
- No age or higher educational requirements: no age restriction, no net worth, and no higher education needed
Requirements of the Canada Start-Up Visa Program:
To obtain Canada PR, entrepreneurs must propose a scalable and innovative start-up business that should be approved by a designated organization.
The following are the options:
- Business incubation: No minimum investment is required.
- Venture capital fund: Raise CAD 200,000 from a venture capital fund.
- Angel investment: Raise CAD 75,000 from an angel investment group.
Few additional requirements for Investors:
English or French language proficiency at the CLB/IELTS 5 level.
No criminal record.
Being in good health.
Overall, the Canada Start-up Visa program provides a great opportunity for Indian entrepreneurs looking to start a business in Canada with its thriving and supportive startup ecosystem, and access to a range of support and resources to grow their businesses. It also is a pathway to a faster route to obtaining Canada PR and high quality of life for themselves and their family.
1.What is the process to be followed for Canada Startup Visa Program?
Secure a commitment from a designated organization: You need to get a letter of support from a designated organization in Canada.
Submit an application: The application requires you to provide your personal information, business plan, and other supporting documents.
Processing: The processing time for a Canada Start-up Visa application can vary, but it can take a few months. During this time, you may be asked to provide additional information or attend an interview.
Approval: If your application is approved, you will receive a letter of introduction that allows you to apply for a work permit. Once you receive the work permit, you can move to Canada and start building your business.
2.Can we get a Canada PR through the Canada Startup Visa Program?
Yes, it is possible to obtain Canada PR through the Canada Start-up Visa program.
3.How long does Canada startup visa take?
The processing time for a Start-up Visa application is usually around 12 to 16 months. It can go up to 33 months in some cases. This processing time includes the time you need to give your biometrics.
4.How the Canada PR point is calculated
The Canadian government uses a points-based system called the Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) to assess the eligibility of candidates who are applying for Canada PR through the Express Entry program. The CRS awards point based on factors such as:
- Age- up to 110 points.
- Education-up to 150 points.
- Language proficiency- up to 136 points for your proficiency in English and/or French
- Work experience- up to 80 points.
- Spouse or common-law partner- Up to 40 points are awarded for your spouse or common-law partner's education, language proficiency, and work experience.
- Additional factors- up to 600 points are awarded for factors such as a provincial nomination, a job offer from a Canadian employer, or a qualifying offer of arranged employment.
The maximum possible score in the CRS is
Are the requirements for the Canada PR and the Canada Start-Up Visa the same?
No, the requirements for Canada PR and Canada Start-up Visa are not the same. While both programs require that applicants meet certain eligibility criteria, they have different requirements and application processes. There are several pathways to obtain Canada PR and the Canada Startup visa program is one of the fast-track ways to obtain Canada PR.
To Know more about the Application Process and your Eligibility